SMOKING ENGINE

2002 Alfa Romeo 147

2002 Alfa Romeo 147 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 114000 miles

hi ive just bought an alfa romeo 147 t. Spark 2002. It has full service history and just passed its mot. The problem is it smokes around 3000 revs. The previous owner said it broke a piston head which in turn damaged 4 valves. She had the piston and valves replaced as well as the head gasket cam-belt variator various other things as well as resetting the valves. There's no lights on the dash board of any kind informing me of any problems. She then had it pressure tested and it runs fine. I drove it 120 miles back home and it runs fine the only thing is it smokes and it uses up oil. Please could you advise me in what I should do many thanks immi.
Padge786

If it uses oil and there's no physical leaks sounds like its burning it in the combustion chamber. What you need to do here is get a compression and leakdown tests to identify the problem.