THE CABIN FAN DOES NOT BLOW AIR WHETHER THE

2004 Acura TSX

Air Conditioning problem
2004 Acura TSX 4 cyl

The cabin fan does not blow air whether the AC itself is on or off. I think that the AC itself works because when I turn the AC on and drive I feel cold air coming thru. It is just does not metter what setting I choose for the fan, it does not blow at all. I checked the related fuses, they are fine. I ahve a multimeter and I understand electic diagrams pretty good. The problem is I don't have a diagram if I had one I think it would be easy to diagnose the issue. Please advise on a way to diagnose the problem without a repair shop.

thank you
Xakep

Start by testing for power at the blower motor to see if it is getting any. Ifiti has power adn doesnt blow, check continuity of other wire or housing to ground, if good the blower motor is bad, if no power, check fuse 21 in underhood power center. If ok, try swapping the blower motor relay with another to see if that works, if that doesnt work, itis probably th eblower motor power transitor, located on the bottom of blower unit, see if it has power in but not out

Jack42
I thought about doing this but I cannot figure out which one is the blower relay. The pictures on the fuse box are not very self-explanatory. Could anybody tell me which relay is the blower one? There are total 5 as far as I remember, 3 at the upper part and 2 at the bottom of the fuse box

Xakep
Hi xakep,

Did you test the power supply to the blower motor as advised?

I suspect the blower motor is faulty.

The blower motor unit works. I checked by connecting power to it directly. It blows pretty good : ).
Next I checked if it gets any power. When I disconnect the power plug from the blower motor unit the multimeter shows 12.5VDC, whether ac is on or off. When I connect the plug back to the blower unit the meter shows 0 to very small Volts, whether AC is on or off. The fuses are all fine. I was not able to trace where the wire goes exactly. Can anybody tell me where those wires go or what should be the next checkpoint? I think that the blower motor power transitor is located outside the blower unit, do you know where it is on acura tsx?

Xakep
Hi xakep,

Hope the diagrams helps.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_AcuraTSX04BlowerWiring01_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_AcuraTSX04BlowerWiring02_1.jpg

Thanks a lot for the diagram, but I cannot read it well. The image was probably resized by the web-site. Could you please upload it to some image/file sharing web-site that does not resize images or at least keeps a decent resolution. Alternatively, could you email it here please tigran_m@mail. Ru.

Thank you

Xakep
I am pretty sure that I got a failed blower transistor because when I connect the blue/black wire to the ground the blower motor runs. The blue/black wire is connected to the negative of the blower motor.

Please help to find where the speed control transistor is mounted.

Xakep
Hi xakep,

Just sent some. Mdi files, hope they are useful.

Unable to provide any diagram of location of resistor, it should be attached to blower housing.

THANKS! I located the transistor. Trying to order it now.

Xakep