REAR TIRE RUBBING ISSUES

2000 Acura TL

Tires and Wheels problem
2000 Acura TL 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

I purchased a set of ICW Racing Split 5 wheels a few years back. They have been sitting in the garage and I thought I would install them on my car. I bought them from a wheel shop and they verified that they would work on my vehicle. It is a 17 inch rim and I have them installed on a 2000 Acura 3.2TL. The front tires are okay but both rear tires are rubbing on both the outer edges of the rear tires. I don’t see anything that it may be rubbing against just by looking at the car not in motion. Sometimes when I am driving and run over a bump or something I can hear the tires making contact with something that may be the rear fender. Is there anything you can think of that I may need to look at specifically? Or does anyone have any suggestions? Need help!
HLWCDW

Hi HLWCDW,

There is a possibility the rims and tires ar much wider than the original and when bumping occurs, the tires are brushing aganst the inner fender.

Jack up the vehicle slightly and look out for abrasion marks on the inner fenders. The tires might be too close to the fender.

I have the same problem, my tires are 20" front and back rubbing. My TCS light keeps going on also. I am in the

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/262508_ACURA_FULL_1.jpg

process of putting 16" tires on them to fix the problem hopefully.

Msw181