DRIVER DOOR WINDOW AND LOCK

2003 Acura RSX

2003 Acura RSX 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 65000 miles

Thanks for taking my queston.

When I pull up my window switch so that the window will go all the way up without having to hold the switch, the window goes up about halfway then comes back down. If I hold the switch the window will go up with no problem. I also have a problem with the driver door lock which will not lock with the remote but all other locks will. I can't push it down either but I can lock it the old fashion way by putting the key into the door lock and turning. The window problem I've had for a while but the lock problem just started a couple of weeks ago. Both problems are on the driver door. Thanks for your help Sonny
Brivasjr

Hi Sonny,

The power window has a feature whereby if resistance is felt, it would reverse its direction from closing to opoen fully. Check if the door glass runchannels are bad causing high friction to increase the resistance on the power window motor.

The driver door lock actuator seems to be fauty and not allowing it to be locked via the remote.

If the door is opened, you would not be able to manually push the knob down due to a safety mechanism for preventing accidental locking of the doors. Did you try to push the knob with the door closed?
.