SPEED DRIFTS UP WITH CRUISE CONTROL ON

2005 Acura RL

Computer problem
2005 Acura RL 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

I was recently driving my 2005 Acura RL on the highway. I had set the cruise control to 65mph. About 20 miles later, I looked at the speedometer and realized the car was now going just over 80 mph. I used the brake pedal to slow the vehicle back down without any problems, and disengaged the cruise control. I have been unable to duplicate the incident. Any ideas on what this could be?
Christy2176

It sounds like maybe the cruise control servo, is going bad.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/420105_00478_cruise_control_servo_1.jpg

Carlife65
Thank you for your response. Do you happen to know if my RL has a separate cruise control servo that can be replaced, or does the entire PCM need to be replaced? I contacted an Acura dealership about this, and was basically told the servo was part of a much larger system that would need to be replaced, for obviously much more money.

Christy2176