DASHBOARD AND WINDOWS IN REAR

2000 Acura RL

2000 Acura RL 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 126000 miles

My dashboard lights will function when they want to!
there isn't anything wrong w the gauges but the lights turn on and off as they please and at night it can be dangerous. Also both my rear windows aren't functioning. When I push the button the motors make noise but the window won't move. I've wanted to take apart the doors but am afraid I won't be able to get it all back together. Help! Any tips or advice would be great. Also I know I probably need to get an electrical diagnosis to fix my dash but every place I go to wants too much of a fee just to check whats wrong. Please advise and thanks!
Dchang72

Hi dchang72,

If the exterior lights are working while the dash lights goes off, you have a fault with the meter ckuster or wireharness connectors. You would have to remove the meter cluster to check.

As to the power window, most probably the window regulator is bad and replacement is required to rectify. Removal and installation are not too difficult if you are a DIY person. Just note how things are before removal and reinstallation should be no problem.