REAR DRIVER SIDE WINDOW REGULATOR AND MOTOR

1996 Acura RL

Interior problem
1996 Acura RL 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 156000 miles

I can find an after market window motor but not regulator for the rear. Where can I find this regulator besides at a dealer. Also I want to try to repair this myself. Where cna I get repair steps to replace this regulator/motor?
Boomeyer

Hi boomeyer,

This is a dealer only item and apart from the dealer, the only other place you are going to find it would be the scrap yard.

Here are the procedures but sorry I do not have any diagrams to show you.

1. Remove door panel and plastic cover. Ensure power window switch is connected. Using a grease pencil, mark original adjustment position of stopper plates. Carefully move glass until glass mounting bolts are exposed. Mark original adjustment position of glass mounting bolts and remove bolts.

2. Carefully pull glass out of window slot. Use care not to damage upper corner of front sash. Remove inner door handle. Mark original adjustment position of window regulator lock nuts. Using a hex wrench, hold adjusting bolts when removing window regulator lock nuts. Remove window regulator and motor. To install, reverse removal procedures. Tighten bolts to 72 INCH lbs. (8 N.M) and lock nuts to 16 ft. Lbs. (22 N.M). Ensure window moves up and down smoothly.