MODELS SLX STALLS WHILE DRIVING

1996 Acura Other

Engine problem
1996 Other Acura Models 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 112000 miles

Hi,

I have a 1996 Acura SLX (identical to the Isuzu Trooper 96). The SUV dies every once in a while while driving when the RPM runs low (slow speeds or stop). I have to step on the gas while cranking again to get it to start and stay on. Then I have to drive with both feet (keeping my foot on the gas for a higher RPM) so it doesn't stall. After a while it goes back to normal again. Sometimes even while getting it to start after parking it does this and I have to give it gas to stay on. Any ideas of what the problem could be? I am a college student and I don't have money right now to goto a mechanic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shawn
Srohang1

Hi.
I have a '96 Acura SLX (identical to Isuzu Trooper) and I would like to know the proper exhaust diameter so I can figure out an aftermarket exhaust pipe/muffler. Anyone know of any good ones? I'm thinking a Cherry Bomb right now. Thanks in advance!

Autotropolis12