GENERAL QUESTION

2008 Acura MDX

2008 Acura MDX 42000 miles

Looking at purchasing a 2008 car with 42k.
Dealer says car is perfect with no damage, no frame work ever, no water damage, like brand new
But it has a salvage title
I ran a car fax report that shows nothing except for the salvage title
I had the car checked by a main dealer and they said the car was in new condition with no signs of repairs or damage of any kind
The dealer is offering me the car for 12k below average price for the vehicle due to title

Q - Why should I not buy this given the above, Why would it have a salvage title if no damage and no repairs can be detected and the car is in such great condition
Hhv00586

Technically salvage means the cost of repair was at least 70% of the vehicles value.
Judging from what you said I would assume that the damage may not have been cosmetically obvious.
Are the engine and transmission and rear differrential just as new and never been repaired? How about the interior?
What do you look for if you suspect a vehicle's been in a flood or fire after it's been reconditioned and repaired.
Theres a chance that maybe it was more of a legal problem such as insurance or lemon dispute and the legal expenses was worth more than 70%.
Does it matter to you?
Caveat emptor

Jeremiah