EXHAUST SMELL

1994 Acura Legend

Smells problem
1994 Acura Legend 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 138000 miles

Its a 94 acura legend and there is a exhaust smell coming from the air vents when it is drove, mainly in the morning when its first started and only does it while driving. It wasnt that bad at first but is getting worse with time and I have acually seen smoke coming from vents at times and the smell somtimes is unbearable it smells like exhaust or at times like rotten eggs? I was thinking maby the catalic converter is stopped up? The car doesnt overheat or run hot, any one with an answer will be of great help before I pass out lol thanks guys.
Bill1216

Hi Bill,

Rotten eggs are usually associated with a bad catalytic converter but if it is getting into the cabin, that would be another problem.

Most probably the fresh air vent is not closing fully due to a bad seal or out of adjustment linkages. If the vent is set to fresh air, then external gas/smell would get into the cabin.