OVER HEATING

1993 Acura Legend

Engine Cooling problem
1993 Acura Legend 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 231450 miles

I bought a 93 Legend run good with high miles but it started acting funny. Out of the blue like 3 days age my temp gauge will rise to HOT, ill turn the defrost on to try to cool it off and it blows cold air and the temp rises. Then ill hear a click or some noise from under the hood and the defrost get hot the engine cools down to normal for a few min. The right back up to HOT. I replaced the thermistat and rewired my fans to come on with my lights because they didnt come on before but it still rises the temp. Im confused, the only thing left I can think of would be the water pump? But when I put water in the radiator it trys to spit it back out like the pump is working.
BrandenF

The radiator could be clogged, you will need a pressure test. Also the engine coolant temp sensor could be faulty also, the reading could be false because of the sensor

Legitimate007