LEAKING COOLANT

1997 Acura Integra

Engine Cooling problem
1997 Acura Integra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 100000 miles

I have a 97 honda civic hatchback, with a 97 integra motor LS in it. Ive had the car now for about 2 years. Latley when I been driving it has been over heating on me. I put coolant in the radiator and I don't see any leaks from the radiator. But I did notice that the coolant was leaking from where the head and block connect? Is this going to cost alot of money? I really appreciate the help thanks.
Martin91088

Hi Martin91088,

When there is insufficient coolant in system, it would overheat. Hopefully you have not damaged the engine.

This engine has a very slim chance of leaking between the head and block. Recheck the leak, it could be from a joint/hose somewhere above or nearby splashing the coolant onto the area you mentioned.

Is the leak from fron or rear of engine?
Where is the exact location?

The leak is from the front and the left side Kinda by where the headers bolt up?

Martin91088
That could possibly be from the outlet hose ( upper radiator hose ) if the joint or hose is bad, coolant would leak and seep onto the head and would seem like the head gasket is leaking.

Coolant leakages would leave signs of oxidation.

Okay Thank you I'll keep you updated too see what happens I hope it's just a head gasket I would need to replace.

Martin91088
Head gasket job is not going to be cheap. A hose or joint would be much cheaper and easier to resolve.

Thank you for everything! It was a bad hose
It took me 5 Min. To put it on. Thanks much

Martin91088
You're welcome and glad to know you have fixed the problem.

Have a nice day.