STARTING UP, LITTLE OVERHEATING AND ANTI

1995 Acura Integra

1995 Acura Integra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 108000 miles

hi im new here.

1: sometimes I won't be able to start my car. It won't crank. But if I keep on cranking it, it'll eventually turn over.

2: I also have a bit of oil inside the spark plug sockets

3: the car recently over heated, but a friend of mine changed out the thermostat and it was ok. But a few weeks later, the temp. Guage went up slightly up to 75%. I brought it to the mechanic, told me I ran out of coolant so I added some in. But he told me it'll recure again eventually.

4: my exhaust just now is pouring out white smoke. When I gas more shoots out.

i went online to see what it was and it said it might be a blown head gasket?

but I checked my oil and it doesn't look milky at all.

just earlier I started to see a leak right next to my passenger side tire.

opinions?
Cerb120

Hi cerb120,

Welcome to 2carpros.

1. When you mention it won't crank, that is to mean the starter is not turning the enigne?

2. Oil inside the plug tubes are due to leaks from the spark plug seals under the valve cover.

3. Either there is a leak in the cooling system or you have a blown gasket. That is the reason the mechanic said it would recurr again.

4. The white smoke is an indication of oil being burnt in the cylinders or coolant is being discharged. If it is coolant, that would confirm the bad head gasket. For blown head gasket, it does not necessarily mean the oil should be milky. If only minimal coolant is getting to the oil it would show on the oil filler cap and dipstick after running for a short while.

The passenger tire water leakages could be from the A/C if it was used.