COOLING FANS

1995 Acura Integra

Engine Cooling problem
1995 Acura Integra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

what is the temp that the fans come on while in the stall.
Grodgers61

What model integra do you have?What engine size do you have?Let me know and I will get you that information.

95 acura integra LS 1.8

Grodgers61
The engine cooling fan come on at 196-203 degrees if your a/c work's turn it on that will turn on your engine cooling fan and condensor fan for the a/c. So is the car overheating?

No the engine is not over heating, but the temp runs upto 214 and the fans don't com on. I turn the car off before it over heats.
The engine had over heated befor I cot the car.
I think that the cooling fan relay is bad?

Grodgers61
Does your a/c work if so turn it on and see if your cooling fan's come on. If your a/c doesn't work then you can jump your a/c high pressure switch with the a/c on and the fan's should come on. It's a good way to check your fan motor and relay. So How do you know it's getting up to that temp without the fan comming on is there actually a gauge that show's what the temp is?Or do you have a temp gun?

Yes I have a temp gun and a fluke tester with a tenp probe.
The a/c does not have any refigerant.
The fans work with back probeing them with 12 volts.

Grodgers61
I emailed you a diagram of where your high pressure switch is I sent it to your personal email. With the car idling and the a/c turn on I want you to jump the a/c pressure switch connector terminal's together if the fan's come on were going after the coolant temp sensor. Let me know what you find.

Thank you for all the suggestions.
After all the probing, I talked to the machinist about the problem.
He reminded me that after hot tanking the head, (which he did) if I dont take out the sensors they are distored (and I did not) by the cemicals of the hot wash.
So after all my time (and all of yours) it ended up being the fan temp switch.
Once agin thank you for the input.
Pass on the info. To the next person with this problem.
Greg r

Grodgers61
1999 slkz3 mersedes
when locking the door with key, the flashers go on.
What might this be, low battery. Thks

Grodgers61
It sound's like visual conformation that the door's are locking to me. Does the flasher's turn off after that?