BURNING SMELL FROM UNDER THE HOOD, NO SM

1993 Acura Integra

Smells problem
1993 Acura Integra V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I've been smelling this burning smell from under the hood of my car. There isn't any smoke, the oil recently changed and isn't low. My radiator and condenser are new and the fluid levels are fine. What could be my problem?
Wmspa1107

Hi wmspa1107,

Looks for signs of oil leaks onto the exhaust. If any oil drips onto the exhaust, it would emit burning smell.

If you smell burnt oil from the engine bay, it could be a rear main seal leak.

Or even extremely low transmission fluid it can smell like burnt oil.

Try to check your OIL level, and recheck in 7-10 days if its lower then you might want to start the car and look under the motor it might be leaking a few droplets of oil between the tranny and block.

1 drop of oil over a operating exhaust, manifold, or any extremely hot surfaces will make it smell like a quart being burnt.

Hope your not having a rear main seal leak, cause you are going to need to drop the transmission just to get to the seal. ( If its not too bad you can try some rear main seal repair additives )

best regards,
JL

JimmyL645i