THERMOSTAT LOCATION ON 92

1992 Acura Integra

Engine Cooling problem
1992 Acura Integra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 265000 miles

Hello, this morning on my way to work my normal drive leaves my engine cold until I am about 2 blocks from school. Well this morning was different as I turned one corner I noticed my temparature going up a lot. It went so high so fast that it blew the hose behind the top radiator hose. So I went to kragens got a new top radiator hose and thermostat. Now I used to work on cars and I remember that thermostats used to be right there. Well I took the top hose off and the part that connects it to the motor and there was no thermostat in it. Nor would mine fit in there. So I checked the hose section behind the top hose and I couldnt figure out how to remove it. I tried from 13mm-8mm and I couldnt get a socket on it. I could only feel 2 bolts on that one so I dont think that is the place. My question is where is the thermostat located and where does that hose go that is behind the top radiator hose on the motor side. That is the hose that busted. I just did a quick fix cut and scoot on it for now. Any help would be appreciated
Barmuka

The thermostat is located at the engine side of the lower rad hose.

There will be 2 or 3 10mm bolts holding the housing in.

Goodluck.

F4I_guy