ENGINE LIGHT IS ON

1991 Acura Integra

1991 Acura Integra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 226454 miles

my engine light turns on and off from time to time. I know something is making the light turn on but I dont know what. Any help?
Integy89

Hi there,

You need to get a scan done to read the set fault code that this light is indicating, start here.

Mhpautos
But what scan are u talking about? Can I do this myself?

Integy89
Hi there,

For this you need an OBD 11 scanner which will plug into the diagnostic link connector, get your mechanic to do this.

Mhpautos
Go to your hood, and pull the 15 amp fuse (ECM) and 7.5 amp fuse (radio ) out

leave the car sitting for 10 minutes with the fuses out, after 10 minutes replace the fuse.

Start your car and your check engine light will go off.

1) if it isnt a serious issue the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WILL not go back on.

2)if the check engine lights goes back on instantly then you are definately gona want to go to autozone, checkers, advancedauto, to have 1 of the workers there can use the OBD and pull up the faulty code. Its 100% free of cost to you.

After obtaining a obd it will be alot easier for the rest of us to assist you.

If your check engine lights does not go back on again, then dont sweat it might of been something minor. But like I said if it is a problem that needs attention, the check engine light will go on even if the ECU/ECM has been resetted.

JimmyL645i