WIPERS DONT WORK SMOOTHLY

2005 Acura EL

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2005 Acura EL 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 59000 miles

Hi guys, I bought Acura EL 58000 Km on it, used few months ago. Works fine but wipers dont run smoothly in rain. They will jerk so hard that the noise will make me crazy and I have to turn them off for a while. Sometimes looks like wipers will break the glass they run and jerk so hard. My Acura dealership mechanic replaced the new blades but problem is still there. Any help what might be the problem? One of my friend said it might be the motor. I dont wanna spend 700-800 doller again. Please help
Thankyou
Pst2005

Hi pst2005,

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly.

When you mean jerks hard, do you mean the blades are jumping as if juddering across the glass?

If yes, the most probable reason would be the glass itself. Quite often when glass treatments are used to dispell water, they would cause the wiper blades to judder across the glass. The glass would feel as if there is a layer of wax on it. Use some dish washing liquid to clean the glass and retry.

If it is jerking only when it is turning at the end of its travel, it should be bad linkages. Motors are not likely to cause jerks.