CAR WOULDN'T START UNTIL COOLED DOWN

2001 Acura CL

2001 Acura CL 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

I drove home from work the other day and came in and did several things and went to go back out again. The car would not start. The AC would come on full, the horn was loud. I let the car sit for about 20-30 minutes and tried it again and it started right up. This happened about a month ago as well and didn't think much of it. Between the two times I did change the spark plugs.

Also when I am idle and give the car gas and let go the RPM's drop before 500 for a second and then go back to about 600-800.

The Battery in the car is about 9-10 years old.
Wiggum

If it refuses to start don't wait for nothing- do below to find out if its fuel or spark problem that's causing it not to start-something has to give.

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it