ENGINE REVS, TRANSMISSION SLOW TO ENGAGE FROM

1998 Acura CL

1998 Acura CL 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

The car shifts fine first thing in the morning, on short drives, or after a few hours of rest, but after driving at highway speeds for more than 30 minutes, the transmission begins to act up. If I stop at a stoplight for any amount of time, the car does not want to go into first gear. The engine revs but the transmission acts like its in neutral. This lasts for a couple of seconds, then the transmission slowly starts to engage and move the car forward. Once the car begins to move there are no other abnormal jerks, hesitations or noises through any other gears unless I have to come to another complete stop. The problem began after a very heavy rain. I drove through a large puddle. The water was approx 6-8" deep. The car did not stall, and I did not get any type of check engine light. I checked the fluid. Level and appearance looked normal.
98acuracl

Have the transmission checked at a transmission shop not all transmission fault codes will bring on the CEL. It sound like the Torque convertor may need replacing

Dave H