SOLENOID

1997 Acura CL

1997 Acura CL 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 300000 miles

Diagnostic test shows that the solenoid may be bad. How much should it cost to replace it and how difficult is it to do?
Linda Laird

That car probably has 50 different solenoids for various systems. You need to be a lot more specific than that.
You also need specific component testing to even determine if the solenoid itself is the problem.

Wrenchtech
Thanks for your reply. This is my son's car. He had diagnostics run on it because the " check engine light" came on. The three codes that came up were: check transmission fluid - it was okay.

Check connections - they seemed okay too.

Check transmission solenoid - the reason for my question.

I am fairly ignorant about these things but I hope this is enough information.

Linda Laird
I'm sorry, there is no such information stored in the car's computer. That is personal advice someone decided to put into the report. There will be a 5 digit code number starting with " P" and even that is just a reported malfunction that would still require specific component testing after getting the code number that would isolate the area of concern.

Wrenchtech
Thanks for your help. I will pass your information along to my son.

Linda Laird