NISSAN VERSA EXHAUST PROBLEM

2012 Nissan Versa • 17,000 miles

I'm only 20 and I'm a girl so I don't have any maintenance experience with cars and I don't a lot of money right now but my car's panel right above the exhaust pipe right about the middle of the car, the two screw things are busted and the end of the panel is falling on the pipe and making my car rattle, I was wondering if this is something easy and cheap to fix. And how serious is this problem?
Lazergreen

I believe that is a heat sheild above the exhaust pipe. It's there to keep heat out of the passenger compartment of the car. Usually these are really easy to fix (a couple of bolts and you're done).
You'll have to get under the vehicle to fix it. If you know someone mechanically inclined he/she could most likley do this for you fairly quickly. A small shop would not charge much for this, Just be sure to get the price BEFORE they start the work. (Around here wouldn't be more than $20--but it depends on where you live).

Freemba
Normally those are riveted on but can be screwed, you hav eto take the old screw out an dreplace it and maybe add a wahser to hold it in place. Not easy to get to though.