DUAL STAGE OIL PUMP STUCK.

2012 Dodge Challenger • 5,000 miles

My check engine light came on on my 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT. Turns out it was P06DD - dual stage oil pump stuck. This at 5000 km. They said probably an issue from the factory. I had noticed since I got it that within the first few minutes of driving it wouldngetbstuck around 3000 rpm. Would that be related? Oh, and they neede to add 3L of oil. Is that odd?
Calvinseaman

For a new vehicle, this should not have occurred. Needing to add 3L of oil at 5000 km could mean there was insufficient oil in engine when it was delivered, unless there is a major leak or the engine is smoking badly.

Whatever it is, the dealer should be responsible for this and you need to monitor the situation and hope no other damage had occurred due to the low oil level.

It only smokes out he exhaust when I start it sometimes. Is that normal?

Calvinseaman
In the morning or during cold weather white smoke is normal as these are condensation water.