SHOULD THERE BE EXCESSIVE RUST IN THE WHEEL HOUSE?

2011 Volkswagen Other • 14,000 miles

We are looking at buying a 2011 Volkswagen cc but there is a lot of rust around the wheel house. With only 14000 miles d
Is this something that should be a big concern?
Kassiegast

Rust? Surface or extended rust? If it has been sitting, it could be normal or worse case is it is a flood car.

Car fax indicated it wasn't a flood car. But enough surface rust to make us pause to purchase the car. Is this something that is an issue down the road? There is also some rust on the brakes

Kassiegast
Is the car by the ocean? Or are the roads salted for ice? Surface rust on the brake rotors is not an issue if the car has been sitting for a while, this will go after A FEW BRAKE APLICATIONS ON THE NEXT DRIVE.

Mhpautos
East coast but not near ocean. Thanks for the information it gives us a better feeling about the car.

Kassiegast
DON'T GET TOO CARRIED AWAY!

WHO CARES ABOUT THE RUST?

THE REAL VW ADVANTAGES WENT AWAY IN THE 70s....."THE PEOPLE'S CAR", EZ TO MAINTAIN, INEXPENSIVE......SIMPLICITY!........NOW-A-DAYS THEY ARE JUST AS, OR MORE COMPLICATED THAN THE REST OF 'EM

WHAT YOU CRAVE IS A PROVEN AND REAL OPTION!

THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY SOLUTION.....LIKE FOREVER AND FOREVER

.......OWNING A REAL VEHICLE VS. OWNING A WANNA-BE

I SORTA DEDICATED TO MY BRAND AND TYPE, AND THUS FAR I'M STILL 100% DEVOTED AND I AM STILL IN LOVE WITH MY RIGS

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2005-opel-meriva-flashing-battery-indicator

UNTIL YOU EXPERIENCE......."THE EXPERIENCE", YOU JUST WON'T UNDERSTAND

I'LL BE GLAD TO FILL YOUR HEAD WITH WONDERFUL INFO.....MY LINK ABOVE IS JUST A "LITTLE LICK", OFF THE TOP, OF A BIG OLE GIANT VANILLA ICE CREAM CONE!