IS THIS A COMMON FAULT WITH THESE VEHICLE IE/ THE FUEL WARNING LIGHT NOT COMING ON WHEN THERE IS WATER IN THE FUEL.

2011 Hyundai Other • 12,000 miles

We have a Hyundai IX35 diesel with just over 12000km owned from brand new, it has recenlty failed, the dealership we brought it off has told us that us that the reason for this failure is water in the diesel, with a quote of over 10k for repair this includes injectors and pump.
We have always purchased fuel station diesel, but unfortunaltey it seems to of failed us this time.
The fuel filter warning light DID NOT come on, and it seems that the filter is not doing its job. As I was stuck on the side of the road for 1hr before I could get in contact with anyone.
It has been 3 weeks and we still do not have our vehicel back.
Is this a common fault with these vehicle ie/ the fuel warning light not coming on when there is water in the fuel.
BruceHillier

I don't believe this is the cause of the problem. The vehicle should still be within warranty and you should insist with the dealer to have it done under waranty.