TROUBLE WITH MY

2011 Hyundai i20 • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 2,881 miles

Hi i've bought a hyundai i20, after 2 months the engine siezed now I have done the engine by replacing new ring bearings a complete new crankshaft and it still would not start but however the only thing it does is swings, there is no spark or no fuel coming to the engine. Just want to know what could be the problem, is it the computer box or just one of the sensors on the engine.

If it's possible reply on ebiadaminc@gmail. Com it would be highly appreciated.

E. Adam
Ebrahim

With hyundai 100,000 mile warranty, why aren't you at the dealer? Check crank sensor and wire.

Merlin2021
The reason that im not at a dealer is cause my vehicle was involved in an accident and unfortunate for me the warranty has dropped out so thats the situation I am in. Are you sure it's the crank sensor and not the computer box because I did try boosting the motor once before but what I realy did was boost with the terminals connected in parallel which would actually only give it 12v of power so it could not have been that or maybe it could please advise on that. So you advise that if I replace the crank sensor it should through spark and feul should come to the engine. And one last thing I had the vehicle diagnosed and what happened was that the computer system was able to test everything else but not able to test the coils individually and the injectors.

Ebrahim

Ebrahim
Check sensor and wires first. If no crank signal is picked up, no spark will occur.

Merlin2021
Hi

Ive put in a new crank sensor and still nothing ive even taken my sensor and used it on another vehicle and it works perfect ive had someone check it out for me and they said that my key needs coding because I have replaced the airbags and the computer box for the airbags and that the key works off some BCU which is linked to that box and without that it would not start.

Is that correct?

I really appreciate the response that you have given me and am teerible sorry if I am a inconvienice to you but you've helped me alot.

E. Adam

Ebrahim
If. Computer was changed, it does need to be programmed into your car with the Hyundai scan tool.

Merlin2021