SHOULD I BE CONCERNED ABOUT A HARD TRANSMISSION SHIFT FROM 1ST TO 2D GEAR.

2011 Hyundai Genesis • 12 miles

After my car sits (usually overnight) and I drive the first 50 yds (less than 15 mph) the transmission shifts with a hard thump from 1st to second gear. It runs fine otherwise and will only do this once during the day.

The dealer kept it overnight, ran the standard battery of tests and declared that nothing is wrong. In your opinion, is this analysis correct?
Aapryor

If it shifts hard from first to second second even just once when cold then shifts good after that you have a problem. Its only going to get worse you could have a issue with your transmission valve body. Most hard shifts are caused by too high of pressure inside the transmission. When the transmission fluid is cold thr fluid pressure could be high enough to cause the hard shift. So did the dealer feel the hrd shift while they had your car over night and drove it in the morning?

No, they indicated that everything checked out fine. As you indicated above, the hard shift is now becoming more noticable. Maybe it is all in my head.

Aapryor
That's a Genesis with 12K (12,000) miles, not 12.

Aapryor
So its only from first to second?You could have a bad shift solenoid if its only from first to second.