WHAT MIGHT BE CAUSING A SHEET METAL, TINNY NOISE WHEN I ACCELERATE AFTER STARTING MY CAR?

2011 Hyundai Elantra • 17,000 miles

When I start my car and back out of the driveway or drive out of a parking lot, my car makes a sheet metal or tinny noise when I accelerate. Once I am driving at a constant speed, the noise goes away. The noise seems to come from underneath the car, mostly on the right side. Recently, I had my car in for a # 3 service that includes inspection of the belts, exhaust, manifold, brakes. I am not sure if this noise was there before the service was done. It seems that my car needs to have been stopped for a while before start up. The noise seems to occur more often when accelerating after a right turn.
Rclemens

May be exhaust system problem. Check any heat shields for looseness or bent.

Fixitmr
If the problem is not the heat shields, what might the exhaust system problem be?

Rclemens
Any exhaust holders are also capable of noise. But noises described over internet are pretty hard to translate into cause unless they are common enough to be well known.

Fixitmr
I too have a 2012 elantra. This happened to me 3 months after I purchased my car off the lot. It was the heat shield, they welded it on 3 separate occassions. Finally it could not be welded anymore so they removed it! That was over 8 months ago. They said the part is on 'national back-order'. I will need to call them to check on the status. The mechanic is trying to tell me that is not needed. Come on now, I seriously doubt they will install parts which are not needed!

Marycorsellis