DODGE RAM NOISE PROBLEM

2011 Dodge Ram • 11,589 miles

I am hearing a clunking noise from the rear of my truck, sometimes when I go over a bump or when am backing in to my driveway. I took to the dealership and they said it coming from my air bags in the coil springs. I installed the air bags over a year ago and didnt have that noise when thay were installed. I dont think its the air bags. What do you think? It sound more like a thump.
D. Slaughter

There is a tool you might be able to borrow or rent from an auto parts store that borrows them called the "Chassis Ear". It is a set of six microphones, a switch box, and headphones. You clip the microphones to suspect points, then drive around while listening with the headphones. You can move the microphones around to zero in on the source of the noise. Be aware that many mechanics have never seen or even heard of this tool. Suspension and alignment mechanics use it to find rattles, squeaks, and other noises.