DEF WARNING LIGHT

2010 Nissan Urvan • 30,000 miles

I have a 2010 Nissan Urvan with the 3.0 turbp diesel engine. Recently, the Diesel Warning Light has turned on and is amber. The vehicles power has been cut. Currently I can't go beyond 80 kmph. Where do I refill this fluid. I have been looking everywhere for a cap that says DEF and cant find it. Can you direct me to the DEF refill bottle or tell me a way to bypass this so that the vehicle will perform normally once again. Also, is it possible for me to refill this with any other liquid to get the light to turn off? What is I use water?
ShivanandB

DEF? What do you mean?

Mhpautos
DEF- Diesel Exhaust Fluid.
I have attached an image of the symbol that came on. My research tells me that it is a Diesel Particulate Filter Warning. It comes on when the Diesel Exhaust Fluid is low. I would like to know where in the Urvan that this container to hold the fluid is located. Or how can I bypass this, because it has caused the power of the engine to be cut.

ShivanandB
I will have to pass on this one, I have not come across this as yet, I did do a bit of research on it and I do understand the theory, in what I have read it will have a container with a Blue lid, but I feel that you better head off to a Nissan dealer to find out mote about this one. What country are you from?

Mhpautos