HOW MUCH LONGER CAN THE BATTERY LAST?

2010 Hyundai Elantra • 3,100 miles

Since I bought my car in Oct 2010 I have used it as a second car and I have not driven it much. I will drive it every 5 days or so for anywhere between 18-30 miles and then it will sit for another 5 days. So far the car has started up well each time and going on a year and a half of using the battery like this I have not had any failures and it tests out well. How much longer can a battery last like this? Is that something that can be known? I have heard that a battery used like this will last but not as long as if I was to drive it everyday. Is there anyway to predict how much longer the battery will last or is it random?
Inmyheart28

3 to 5 years is average.

Would it still been seen as average using the car as I spoke of above?

Inmyheart28
Yes, I believe it is still average.

Batteries are unpredictable and based on your driving distance, it most prbably is not getting fully charged each time you drive it. One day when the battery seems to lag slightly while cranking is an indication it is time to get another new one.