A CRACK IN THE INNER WHEEL WELL

2010 Hyundai Elantra • 3,100 miles

I have a crack on the passanger's side front inner wheel well, the part (a little lip) that faces back towards the wheel itself. The crack is small (maybe 1/2 inch on this one inch area.) The part that is cracked is part of a much larger piece that entails the entire front bumper of the car (surely VERY expensive to replace.) I think that this should be no risk because even if this cracks more I think the entire piece hold it together and up, not just the little lip area facing the tire. Am I correct about this? I cannot have a piece of the car falling off but I think it may be alright. What is the truth?
Inmyheart28

If it's a small part that the liner attaches to then there is more holding the front end piece like on the sides, top bottom etc. I woldn't worry about it unless it gets to big and looks bad

Do these little 1/2 inch cracks in the wheel well usually get bigger or do they often stay the same? Right now you can't see it unless you look inside the wheel well, so it looks fine. Should it not get any bigger unless something hits it like a rock?

Inmyheart28
Normally they won't get larger unless it gets hit hard by something. If it's only the wheel liner that should be replaceable by itself. I woldn't worry about it unless you are really anal about how your car is.

I am not a*al about it but it is not just the liner. It is part of the bumper but the little part that bends around into the wheel well and faces back towards the wheel itself. It is only about 1 inch wide and the crack is about 1/2 inch. So you are saying that it wont fall off (even this 1 inch part) since it is held up in many places. Also, you are saying that it wont likely get any bigger, yes? It is not an issue in terms of looks because you would have to look into the wheel well itself to see it. So again, there is no risk of it falling off and it wont likely get bigger, correct?

Inmyheart28
No it shouldn't as there should be a bunch of screws/clamps that hold it
it shouldn't fall off

And finally, it shouldn't get any bigger unless hit hard by something, yes? Thank you very much!

Inmyheart28
Already answeredthis.

I work in a body shop just take it to your local shop and ask a body man, theres no charge and if there reputable they'll shoot straight with you. Its easier to see it and tell you whats going on and what you can expect

MichaelSmithey