CAN YOU HELP ME IDENTIFY THE PROPER PART TO REPLACE AND IS IT WORTH MY TIME/MONEY TO DO IT MYSELF?

2010 Ford Fusion • 12,000 miles

I have damaged the surface of my (silver, metallic) floor module on my 2010 Fusion Hybrid (VIN: 3fadp0l36ar294689) and would like to replace it, if possible. To this end, in looking at the official Ford schematic, it is unclear to me whether the part that needs replaces is PNC <045A76A or <045A76B. Can you advise as to which one is the proper part (surface only)? If helpful, you may view schematic image attached or online here: http://tinyurl.com/7kaupkm

Also, is it too difficult for a layman to replace such a part or perhaps with a little technical guidance and tools can I order and replace this myself?

Thanks so much for your able assistance!

Sincerely,
Kyle Cox
Bedford, IN

Kpcox1234

Visit the Ford dealer's parts department. They will be able to tell you the difference. It will likely be one is for an automatic transmission and one is for a manual transmission. It could also be the difference between silver, black, and wood grain but they typically wouldn't show two parts in the drawing.

Have them order the right part, then look at it to see if it just snaps in. You can change that yourself. If it's more complicated, that's when you can set up an appointment to have them replace it. You might try popping it up first yourself. If it comes up, there will be a sticker under it with the part number.

You can also look for one in a salvage yard. There are more and more pick-your-own parts yards showing up all over although they usually won't have cars as new as yours. You may have to go to a big yard where they buy crash victims.

Thanks you so much! I really appreciate your feedback. Best, kc

Kpcox1234
Is it damaged beyond use/function? Why do you feel obligated to replace it? But it seems there are 2 designs. 1 that has separate cup parts and 1 is all inclusive. I guess you could ask at the parts department as to which you might have or take it apart to find out?

Fixitmr