MY WITH 18,248 MILES SHAKES WHEN I DRIVE OVER 45 MILES, WHAT COULD BE CAUSING IT TO SHAKE IN THE BACK?

2010 Ford Escape • 18,248 miles

I took it to Ford, they check it and found nothing to be wrong. They even test drive and still nothing. When the mechanic drove it he said it did not shake but I drive it no car drives near me due to the shaking. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Cinthi

Where is the shaking felt? Steering wheel? Front suspension. Seat of the pants or floorboard? Wheel balance and/or alignment.

Rivermikerat
No it's not the steering wheel. It shakes from the back. It feels like the back body. I check to make sure the trunk door was close all the way, I also check the tires even underneath the car just to make sure no one tamper with it. I don't know what else to do, but it's very annoying when no car will drive no where near you.

Cinthi
JUST TO START AN ELIMINATION PROCESS---SWAP YOUR REAR WHEELS/TIRES TO THE FRONT

WHILE YOU HAVE THE REAR JACKED UP--GRAB YOUR TIRES AT 12 AND 6 AND SHAKE 'EM FOR BEARING PLAY--THEN DO IT AT 3 AND 9. THIS MAY ELIMINATE BEARING PLAY AND KILL 2 BIRDS AT ONCE

DO THEM ONE AT A TIME AND TEST DRIVE--IF THE SCENARIO CHANGES--YOU WILL KNOW WHICH WHEEL/TIRE TO INVESTIGATE

IF NO CHANGE--WE'LL CONTINUE TO THROW STUFF OUT THERE FOR YOU---YOU CONTINUE TO INVESTIGATE, EVEN PUT AN "INVESTIGATOR" IN THE BACK SEAT TO LISTEN

THING IS, YOU GOTTA ACTUALLY DO THE TESTING, HE SAID/ SHE SAID IS JUST HEAR SAY

WE'RE HERE TO HELP

SEND RESULTS

Have you hit any curbs or potholes lately? Do as CJ mentioned. Also, crawl underneath and firmly shake suspension components to see if anything is loose.

Rivermikerat