CHEVROLET EQUINOX BATTERY PROBLEM

2010 Chevrolet Equinox • 45,000 miles

My wife drives a 2010 Chevy Equinox. It had been brought to attention that the battery was not very strong.
She had also experienced the radio display going blank. Not even flickering or getting weak. It just went blank and would then come back on. This morning she got in and it wouldn't start but all the lights on the dashboard lit.
I put a battery charger on it and right away it was trying to turnover.
Since it's my wife, I just changed the battery straight out and made sure I got the correct replacement. If it helps a: Auto Zone item # 832330 H-5 DLG Duralast Gold.
When I went to try it out, all the dashboard lights came on but it didn't try to turnover at all and an icon on the dashboard of a car with a lock through it dispalyed.

Can You Help Me?
Franco0570

Try resetting your security system. And have your charging system checked, it may stil be in warranty

How do you reset the security system?

Franco0570
Now the battery is almost completely drained. I have it on a charger (a new battery) and the key won't come out. Inside lights are out and the headlights are real dim. If there's anybody out there.

Franco0570
I setn the instructions in thepic I sent in first answer. If this car is under warranty yet send to a dealer an dhave htem fix it no charge. You have to have a drain on the battery and you have to find it or it will keep doing that.

K! Thanks! Sorry! I didn't know that was a "pic" to "click" on with instructions on it. A simple, "I have included an attachment that you can click on with instructions on how to reset your system" would have been easy as well. But I feel as though I have bothered y'all enough as my question is far more thorough than any direction I have recieved here. You see, you may want to consider in the future that if a person can afford a vehicle costing far more than your worth, that they can probably also read the fucking manual; therefore, when I come to something like a service of this sort I'm not looking for someone to recite a God Damned E Manual to me. I'm looking for a mechanic that can help me fix my problem. And I know I can call the dealership to come pick it up and fix it for me; but, just say in the event it's something not under warranty. Who in the hell has $1000 plus dollars at this time of year. A dealership will lie to you quicker than a preacher. But again, sorry to bother y'all. It won't happen again! John Franco

Franco0570
I fyou bought teh 5 year warranty which we don't know it wil becovered because its 'bumper to bumper. And I thought myself that you would have seen teh attachemetn to open.

It's cool. I got it. It's fixed. Thanks!

Franco0570