WHAT MANUAL GEAR TRANSMISSION OIL DO I USE FOR MY CAR

2009 Suzuki Liana • 57,000 miles

I have a feeling that I have sounf in my gear box and it increase when it goes on a long run.

Jahangir7

SAE -80W90

Suzuki Liana 2006 problems.
Hi.

Need some advice as I have just bought a used liana.

First off the A/C isn't working so I took it in for a service and refill but the company said that they thought the compressor was broken and it was due to an electoral fault in the compressor because they told me that it was holding compressing but they couldn't fire the system to start and therefore couldn't test any of the system.

The other problem is with the blower in the car, it does blow hot and cold air fine but to get cold air I have to set it to cool, turn the blower off, then turn back on. But if I turn it hot it will blow hot air but when I turn it back to cool it stays warm and the only way to make it blow cold again is to turn the blower off for 5 seconds. Could this also be causing the ac problem?

The other kinda problem is that in 4th and 5th gear the car makes a light whining noise around 1500rpm. Is this normal?

Not sure if this is getting posted in the correct place.

Any help would be great.

Dave

Dmacmorris
Dmacmorris, other than piggybacking on an existing thread with a relatively different issue, yes, you're in the right place.

On the side of the gearbox is a plug. Remove it and insert your small finger as far as it will go. Upon removing it, you should see oil covering at least the whole fingernail, if not a little more. If not, you need to refill it with the above specified gear oil until it covers at least the nail.

As for the air conditioning, check for power at the connector on the compressor when the AC is switched on inside. Make sure the light on the button turns on. Check all fuses and relays. Your vehicle wasn't available in the US, so our reference doesn't list it.

Rivermikerat