TACHOMETER NOISE

2009 Pontiac G6 • 524,900 miles

Have a 2009 Pontica G6, still a 1000 miles before next oil change, no engine alert lights, however recently have a whine sound every time I start it seems to be coming from Tachometer, as it gets higher if I raise the engine and is louder the cold

Whine seem to be from tachometer, recently started whenever I start the car and seems to continue until throughout the trip, however decreases in volume the warmer the car and outside temperature gets. There are no engine alert lights showing and no other signs of problems. Sound goes higher when gas is pushed and tachometer goes up the scale.
Montanasunshine

The signal for the Tach is pulled from the Camshaft Position Sensor. The noise you are hearing is probably a bushing that was not pressed in straight and makes more noise in the cold as it contracts. As it heats up it expands and the noise gets quieter.