HANDBRAKE ON AND STOP FLICKERS

2009 Peugeot 206 • 25,555 miles

Hello i'm new here
i have a 2009 peugeot 206 4cyl 1.4l manual, changed oil at 25000km and checked brakes (at the company garage), a couple of weeks now the handbrake lights up and the STOP flickers and the car beeps this happens mostly when i'm going uphill or the front of the car is higher than its rear. I also noticed that this happens more often on 2nd and third gear.
thank you for any help
Mmerhej

Check the ground connection and the wiring to the brake light switch.

Rivermikerat
Thanks for the answer but is it possible that it's non related to electrical issues like engine problem etc.

Mmerhej
Make sure that the brake fluid is not low, this may be the low fluid warning coming on with the car at a nose high attatude.

Mhpautos
Thanks for the reply but can it be non electrical as in engine or brake problem?

Mmerhej
I doubt that a flickering electrical light related to the brake system could have an engine mechanical cause. It's either fluid or electrical.

Rivermikerat
Thanks for the replies, I did the logical thing and went to the service center. They checked it, it was the brake pump, so they changed it and the brake fluid now it runs smoothly no warning lights

Mmerhej
Thanks for letting us know your issue was resolved.

Rivermikerat