I HAVE A GRAND CHEROKEE WITH A PASSENGER TAIL LIGHT BUSTED AND DAMAGE TO THE BUMPER AND I NEED TO KNOW HOW MUCH ITS GONNA COST TO GET IT FIXED?

2009 Jeep Laredo • 47,000 miles

I busted my tail light and have a little damage to the bumper and I need to know how much it will cost to get it fixed and where I can get it fixed?
Brentthompson81

The tail light lens will be around 150.00 if you get it from a dealer. An aftermarket one from somewhere like ebay will cost around 50.00. I would need to see the bumper to determine the damage.

The damage is not bad it has at least 4 cracks in it. But its not bad.I just need to know an estimate of how much it will cost to fix the the cracks and paint.I sanded the spots down and spray painted over it and u cant really notice it.

Brentthompson81
Some shops will replace the bumper cover. Others may try to fix it. The bumper cover is around 400.00 plus paint, labor. Expect to spend around 7 to 8 hundred.

If they try to fix it, how much would it be and which in ur opinon is best to do? Cause the damage aint that bad. My dad told me it would be around 5,000 to fix it. Do you believe that?

Brentthompson81
5,000 us dollars? IF that is the case, either you live in a very rich area or there is much more damage that I picture.

As far as fixing, it is a hard one to judge. I have no idea what needs done. Often times, it is cheaper to have the part replaced because the labor is so expensive to repair.

Now I guess my dads mad, but its not bad. It looks like fiberglass bumper and it had 4 small cracks and u cant see through them. And I dnt live in a rich area lol but I didnt realize it would be that much to replace the bumper. But which will cost more to do? Fix or replace?

Brentthompson81
I wish I could tell you. It would need looked at and a determination of hours needed to repair would need determined. Both will need painted, so that should be different.