HYUNDAI ELANTRA DEALER PROBLEM

2009 Hyundai Elantra • 40,000 miles

I noted when driving up sloped driveways the bottom (mostly the rear) scrapes the pavement (more so now that I have installed a hitch). It does also scrape the front sometimes. I have brought to the dealer to check out problem.
Youpi

Check for broken or worn coil springs.

I just was at the dealers about a week ago, do you not think they would have checked this out when checking the suspension. They stated everything is good. The car is only 2 years old. Possibly this is a Hyundai defect in the Elantra's. My son has the smaller Hyundai and he has no problem.

Youpi
There are no notices for this problem. THey should have checked the coils. Are you carrying more weight than usual?

The only additional weight is the hitch and when I carry bikes with a bike rack. This happened before I had the hitch installed. If I go about 1 mph up the sloped driveway I seem to be OK. If I am carrying bikes it is a different story and I had to get my sons to lift back so that it would not scrape bottom. When I was at dealer 2 weeks ago one of workers overheard my complaint and he to experienced the same problem. I have written to Hyundai to see if there is a problem but the only reply was to see your dealer. I have owned cars in past and have not encountered this problem. I am quite satisfied with the car but this frustrates me. I know when I drive it seems every bump is felt but the dealer ensures me everything looks ok.

Youpi
Chances are everything is okay. However, the suspension is just weak.

TKS

Youpi