WHY IS MY CAR MAKING A FUNNY NOISE WHEN I HIT THE GAS AND NOT ACCELARATING PROPERLY?

2009 Hyundai Accent • 103,000 miles

My car beginnong today has been making a noise that sounds similar to an aerosol can spraying when I apply the throttle and is not accelerating how it should be.I'm hoping that it's something minor and will be a simple fix.
Will823

If the MIL is indicating, get a scan done to check for trouble codes.

There are many possibilities and without the exact location or source of the noise, it is not possible to understand what could be wrong.

I have had someone apply the gas while I listened on the outside and the noise appeara to be coming from the bottom side of the vehichle towards the back of the motor

Will823
That could be from the transmission. Check the transmission fluids and ensure the level is correct and fluid conditions are good.

Its a 5 speed manual so I doubt its the trans, but maybe the intakeu

Will823
Then you have a failing clutch and the noise is most likely from the throw out bearing.