CAMBELT WENT ON MY '59 PLATE ... MECHANIC HAS SUPPOSEDLY REPLACED EVERYTHING THAT NEEDED REPLACING, I SAW CYLINDER HEAD OFF. HE'S PUT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER AND IT STARTS AND ACCELERATES FINE, BUT IT CUTS OUT AT JUNCTIONS OR WHEN TRYING TO IDLE. HE TOO

2009 Fiat Scudo • 90,000 miles

Cambelt went on my '59 plate scudo. Mechanic has supposedly replaced everything that needed replacing, I saw cylinder head off.

He's put it all back together and it starts and accelerates fine, but it cuts out at junctions or when trying to idle. He took it to a diagnostic centre and they said valve timing is out. He is adamant it's not?

Been reading a few threads some of which point to Exhaust valve timing?

He's had it for 4 weeks now and as this is a taxi it is also my livelyhood.I'm sinking further and further into debt, so any ideas I can pass on to him are greatly appreciated. He's already billing £1500 for original repair.

Totally fed up and frustrated. No repair should take over 4 weeks.

__________________
Ukcabbie1967

When you put a timing belt in you have to turn it a few times and re-check the timing marks to make sure it is seated right. If he is good mechanich, he knows this. See if he replaced camshaft postion snesor and crankashaft position sensor. Also the airgaps have to be checked on some vehicles. I don't have the specs for that car.