STOPPED IN LINE OF TRAFFIC AT RED LIGHT. RIGHT FOOT ON BRAKE. SUDDENLY AND WITHOUT WARN ENGINE REVS UP AND AUTO ACCELERATES. THE HARDER I PUSH ON BRAKE, THE MORE POWER I GET. I HAVE HAD 3 DOCUMENTED REAR END COLLSIIONS BECAUSE OF THIS AND SEVERAL NEAR

2008 Toyota Rav4 • 37,000 miles

Sudden and unexpected acceleration full throttle while in stopped line of traffic. Have had 3 accidents due to this. Had it in for recall and two days later had another same type accident. Wwhat can I do?
Dbopp4

I read the recall. It relates to the gas pedal getting stuck on the floor mat. According to the recall, with toyota all weather floor mats, there isn't enough room. As a result, the pedal gets stuck against the floor mat causing this issue.

I recommend speaking with your dealer since this is a factory recall for further recommendations. While you wait, (based on the recall) I would suggest removing the floor mat to avoid this from happening.