ENGINE SURGING WITH FOOT ON BRAKE

2008 Toyota Rav4 • 37,000 miles

Stopped in line of traffic at red light. Right foot on brake. Suddenly and without warn engine revs up and auto accelerates. The harder I push on brake, the more power I get. I have had 3 documented rear end collisions because of this and several near sudden and unexpected acceleration full throttle while in stopped line of traffic. I had it in for recall and two days later had another same type accident. What can I do?
Dbopp4

I read the recall. It relates to the gas pedal getting stuck on the floor mat. According to the recall, with toyota all weather floor mats, there isn't enough room. As a result, the pedal gets stuck against the floor mat causing this issue.

I recommend speaking with your dealer since this is a factory recall for further recommendations. While you wait, (based on the recall) I would suggest removing the floor mat to avoid this from happening.