DOOR LOCKS SEEM TO LOSE POWER WHEN EITHER PUSHING INTERIOR OR KEYPAD LOCK/UNLOCK BUTTONS

2008 Suzuki XL7 • 55,000 miles

Locks will not fully open or close when using either interior buttons or keypad buttons. It is not localized to 1 door. It happens to all 4 doors/locks. Sometimes the locks will work fine for about 2-3 presses of the lock/unlock button. Other times they do not budge at all.
Jessesampson

Check the central locking control unit ground connections.

Where do u think that would be. Roughly

Jessesampson
At lower center of dash, on instrument panle block.

So ur sayign remove dash and check back there? Behind temperature controls, or behind steering wheel area?

Jessesampson
Near fuse block.

I tried looking around without removing to much. Cant really see alot. But I did try messing with the keypad and interior lock/unlock button. 1) I have to hit unlock twice on keypad to unlock all doors, it seems that after unlocking and locking multiple times I can tell that as soon as I hit unlock the first time of round 3-4 of unlocking door that the drivers door lock only half opens. Then pressing a second time all the other doors only half unlock. 2) with the interior I presses lock/unlock and after about 3-4 all simultaneously inly unlock halfway. Occasionally I have to press unlock multiple times to get it to register I hit it. I can only compare it to a low battery where the lights dim, they have minimal power and arent functioning fully.

Jessesampson
You are correct, symptoms indicates a low battery similarity apart from a poor ground.

The central locking system is linked to the body control module and repeated locking/unlocking can cause resistance buildup resulting in poor actuator operations.

Will it give out completely or will it maintain the weakening. Cause I dont really wanna rip out my lower console and then still not fix it and have to take it to a shop anyways. If it will maintain and not completely stop then I leave it be and get it to a shop at a later time. But if it going to fail shortly I might as well just take to a shop cause I been scouring the internet for a picture or guide for fixing it/ understanding what I looking for.

Jessesampson
It will definitely get worse. This is a rare symptom and most likely you are not going to get any additional information. If you have a scan tool it might help you to track down the cause.

Scan tool? As in a code reader for the port under the steering wheel? And would this be covered by the Suzuki warranty?

Jessesampson
Page 1 of 2