WEIRD METAL TO METAL SOUND COMING FROM UNDER THE HOOD

2008 Subaru WRX • 42,000 miles

Hello, I have a 2008 Subaru WRX with 42000 Miles. SPT Exhaust, CTM Down Pipe. I noticed a metal to metal sound coming from the passenger side under the hood. It starts up when I start to hit 2300rpm on up. You can really hear it when you next to another car or barrier. The sound is like a spinning chattering noise that gets louder with acceleration. I was told by the dealer that it was an exhaust leak, so I replaced the down pipe gasket, down pipe to mid pipe, and muffler gasket. Still made the same Noise so I replaced the turbo to down pipe gasket again with a new one. Still so I replaces the mid. To down gasket again with another new one. Still making the noise, so went back to the dealer told them I replaced all the gasket twice, over a mo. Period. Then dealer said it was normal for the car to make that noise. So I got home and start taking all the heat shields off, the headers, up pipe and down pipe. The only on I couldn't get off was the top part of the up pipe it was welded on. Still making the noise, Checked Dip Stick, Diff Dip Stick, No Shaft Play in the Turbo, Hanger Bracket wear the Down Pipe and Mid Pipe connect. I Dont know Please Help!

Also it made the noise with the factory down pipe but it wasn't as loud as it is with the new DP
StL08WRX

Check your belt tensioner, it may be making that noise or the alternator. Actually take the blet off an dstart engine to see if it makes noise like that if it does then it's either tensioner, alternator or something similar that runs from the belt doing it. Otherwise it could be engine noise.

Thank you I'll give it a try. So will the engine start without the belt? If it starts how long should I run it like that, and do you think the noise would be Instantaneous?

StL08WRX
You can run the engine without the belt and you sholdn't need to runit more than 2 minutes to hear the noise. Also feel teh tensioner for wobble, and if you feel any on the part that rides against the belt then replace it.