I WANT TO PLUG IN A ZZ572/620, WHAT ELSE DO I NEED?

2008 Saturn Sky • 50 miles

I have a Saturn Sky 2008 Redline. I want to plug in a ZZ572/620 with a twin turbo setup that will destroy the Dyno Test run lol. The thing I need to start with replacing the motor, but I'm pretty sure I just can take out the old stock one and throw in the ZZ and call it a day. What else do I need? And As far as the Turbo, they will either be two 9180 Borg or Two Garretts but idk which ones yet, something thats going to handle what I'm trying to reach, 1100 RWHP.

ManuelVC

Are you in America? Was that engine setup available in that car for that year? Will this be driven on the road? Then most likely this isn't legal.

Rivermikerat
As far as legal goes, the only thing might be smog but I don't understand why else it wouldn't. Yeah I'm in usa and I've seen and heard of cars going a lot faster and not to mention kappa cars with ls2-3 blocks running twin turbos and SC so I don't see the problem in running a ZZ with a twin setup. If the smog test is all I have to worry about then that's cool. But my question still remains, what else do I need to change for the conversion?

ManuelVC
Smog. Smog. Smog. I'm guessing that you're planning on paying the smog mechanic to overlook the fact that you've got a motor that was never designed for the car and never intended for the car.

You're wanting to stuff what looks like a huge big block V8 in a car that was designed for a 4 cylinder engine. I don't think it will fit.

Rivermikerat
Like I said I know of plent of Saturn skys with LS3, 7, A, and 9 with twin turbos and single turbo setups and ill I'm trying to do is the same thing just with a ZZ. A more powerful but yet still V8 engine. Maybe ill switch to a LS or an LSX but unless I can find a V4 with my hp needs I don't think that engine will be in there long. Yeah the smog might be a small problem but its a risk ill take for right now.

ManuelVC
Usually the motor mounts are going to be different. Very different.
You'll also need a computer made for the V8. One for that particular engine, in fact. All the sensors. All new exhaust. Transmission. Clutch. You'll need either a new or fixed driveshaft. The differential probably won't handle the power, so you'll need one that can. All new driven accessories: power steering pump, alternator, AC compressor, etc. You'll need a bigger radiator.

Your brakes probably won't be sufficient to deal with the power from the big engine.

Rivermikerat
Oh, I forgot. You'll need a new transmission mount and probably crossmember. You'll probably also need increased rate coil springs for the struts to make up for the increased weight.

Rivermikerat