MAZDA CX7 AXLE PROBLEM

2008 Mazda CX7 • 57,865 miles

Hi there, my cx-7 is an awd 2.3 auto. My propeller shaft connecting the transmission is cracked and greenish grease is spewing all out, if anyone could advice me on which part is broke, it would be great! Could be the coupling, bearing, boot, or the shaft itself.

Thank you, Daniel. Happy New year!
Goo

That's just a torn C/V boot. That's normal for that to happen from time to time. You may find it cheaper to replace the whole axle with a reman unit rather than take that one apart to replace the boot.

Wrenchtech
Oh sweet, that would be great as its much much cheaper than changing the whole shaft. The thiing is I did not touch it to see if it was rubber, it looked like steel cracked open.

Thank you wrenchtech.

Goo
No, that's not what I said. I said it may be cheaper to change the whole shaft because disassembling the shaft would cost more than a whole reman unit in most cases.

Wrenchtech
Oh, so changing the boot maybe more expensive. Thank you again.

Goo