I HAVE AN 08 . JUST RECENTLY, I WILL START MY CAR, THE DASH LIGHTS COME ON AND THEN A COUPLE OF THEM STAY ON. THE LIGHTS THAT STAY ON ARE THE OIL, ENGINE, BATTERY, AND ESC OFF LIGHTS. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN EVERY TIME I START THE CAR, JUST

2008 Hyundai Sonata • 85,000 miles

I am supposed to be going out of town tomorrow and I do not know if my car is safe to drive.
Kmwallace13

Did not see the question

Sorry about that. Here is the question: I have an 08 Hyundai Sonata. When I start the car, the engine, oil, battery, and esc off lights stay on. This happens every once in a while, not every time the car is started. If I turn the car off and then back on, the lights go off. What could be causing this to happen and is it essential to get it fixed?

Kmwallace13
It sounds like the bcm is having issues.

Is it essential, yes. You want to know when there is a real failure. At this point, you dont know whether to believe it or not.

Thanks! Do you think it is ok for me to still go out of town tomorrow without getting this fixed? It is a 3 hour trip in-state. Also, do you know an estimate of how much this might cost to repair?

Kmwallace13
Who knows. Electronics can fail at any time.

No estimate as we dont even know what the failure is at this time.