MY SUDDENLY STOPS WHEN IDLE AT TRAFFIC SIGNALS OF TRAFFIC JAMS WHEN IDLE FOR ABOUT 20 SEC

2008 Hyundai i10 • 32,000 miles

My car engine turns idle when at traffic signals and need to start again. However this does not happen frequently.

Why is this happening and What is the solution?

I took the car to the Hyundai Authorised Service Center, but they say there is no such problem with the engine and every thing is good.

Please help me put.
Sashikanthjana

Do you have a check engine light?

Have the idle air control and throttle position sensor-checked

What is engine light? If u are talking about the engine, then look like OK as per my report from yesterdays servicing. Even after yesterdays servicing the engine turn off when the vehicle is moving slowly or in idle at junctions/signals.

Here is the report from the Hyundai service center/parts which they have changed/serviced.

1) Fuel System Cleaner (200ml)
2) Co Washer Drain Plug (ALL)
3) Co Plug Oil Drain (ALL)
4) AZ Filter Assy-Eng(1.0.1.1)
5) Co Shell Helix Plus HX-7 4L
6) Multipoint Inspecton - Good Condition
7) Check engine die off when driving - No Detected Trouble Code

I will take to the service center again to check the idle air control and throttle position.

Can there be any other cause for this?

Sashikanthjana
Have the suggested items checked and tested

Hi Rasmataz,
Its been already 3 days I have given my Car to the authorised service center, but they are unable to find out the root cause of this problem.

After I call them today, they say they need another 3 days time.

I do not understand how an authorised service center unable to fix.

Sashikanthjana
Its their vechicle they should be able to fix the problem-otherwise go somewhere else