FORD EXPLORER TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

2008 Ford Explorer • 51,000 miles

I need to change the transmission oil and filter as well as the rear differential fluid on my 2008 Explorer Sport Trac, rear wheel drive; 4.0L V6; according to the door code "V", it has the 5R55S transmission and the 3.73 rear differential ( door code 46). I've changed transmission oil and filters on my previous vehicles; however, this will be the first time with a transmission without a dipstick. I know how to drain the oil, but what do I need/do regarding refilling the transmission?
Also, with the rear differential, do I remove the cover to drain the fluid or is there a drain plug?
Any help and pictures will be most appreciated.
Sirjr

The plug on the trans has a little plug in the center. That is the fill when you re install the pan. It takes about 6 quarts or is filled when it runs out

the differential cover has to come off to change the oil.

Thank you for your response. Would you please explain further as to the location access of the fill plug. Do I access the fill plug through the engine compartment or from underneath the truck? Is the fill plug a hex head, allen, torx head?
The owners manual states that the transmission takes 12 quarts. Is this the capacity for a complete transmission overhaul as compared to just my dropping the pan?

Sirjr
Would you explain further as to the location access of the fill plug. Is it accessible through the engine compartment or from underneath the truck? Is the fill plug a hex head, allen or torx head and what is used to add the fluid back into the transmission?

Sirjr
The fill plug is on the bottom under the truck on the bottom of the pan. I cannot remember what size it is but you can look at it to determine. It is the center plug you remove.

The entire trans is 12 quarts, the pan with filter is between 6 and 7 quarts